Changing your physical appearance with surgery is not a decision to take lightly. At this point, if you’ve already decided you want to have plastic surgery, you want to be confident that the surgeon you choose meets the criteria to make you comfortable in your decision.
A major step in your search is asking the right questions so you can make an informed decision. You should go into the process of finding the right plastic surgeon by doing your due diligence. Below are some things you should research and ask the potential surgeons you are considering while making your decision.
Questions You Should Ask Yourself About Your Plastic Surgeon
- Does this plastic surgeon have proven experience in the procedure I’m asking for?
- Does this surgeon make me feel comfortable when disclosing my full medical history, personal habits and fears or when asking questions about the procedure?
- Would I feel comfortable asking this surgeon any questions that might arise throughout the process?
- Is this surgeon’s staff courteous and helpful, do I always receive a prompt response to my questions and concerns?
- Have I been supplied with information and materials to prepare me for the potential risks and outcomes of surgery and recovery?
- Do I feel confident that this surgeon will take care of me in case of unforeseen outcomes?
Questions You Should Ask Your Plastic Surgeon During the Consultation
- Are you Board Certified?
- What procedure or procedures do you recommend for me?
- How many times have you perform the specific plastic surgery procedure?
- May I look at before/after photos?
- Does the procedure require anesthesia? If so, what type of anesthesia will I receive and who will administer it?
- How many pre-op appointments are required?
- Is there anything I need to do prior to starting the procedure?
- What is the protocol should serious complications arise during the procedure?
- How long will it be before I see results?
- What will my recovery be like?
- Is there downtime associated with this procedure? If so, how much?
- Will I receive written post-op instructions?
- How many follow-up appointments will be necessary?
- What is the total cost and cost breakdown of this procedure?
- What are the payment options for the procedure?
Dr. James Aronovitz has over 25 years of experience with Facial and Reconstructive surgeries and 16 years of experience with hair restoration procedures. Dr. Aronovitz is Board Certified and is a member of the American Academy of Facial and Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. His knowledgeable staff of qualified technicians is happy answer any questions you have and address any concerns about your procedure.
If you think you might be a candidate for plastic surgery, schedule a consultation today!